– Atlas Copco rated the leader on the top-3 purchasing criteria viz. product quality, energy efficiency and quality of air output
– Ingersoll Rand, Kaeser Kompressoren, Chicago Pneumatic and Kirloskar Pneumatic amongst the top-5 compressor brands in India
– Ingersoll Rand was ranked #1 on product warranty
September 2015: Atlas Copco has been rated the best industrial compressor brand in India in the ValueNotes BrandMeter survey. The country-wide survey of 300+ end-users and the trade (dealers, distributors & EPC consultants) ranked Ingersoll Rand, Kaeser Kompressoren, Chicago Pneumatic and Kirloskar Pneumatic amongst the top 5.
Some of the key findings of the survey included:
- Atlas Copco was rated the leader on the top-3 purchasing criteria viz. product quality, energy efficiency and quality of air output
- Kaeser Kompressoren and Kirloskar Pneumatic ranked #1 on after-sales service and compressor life respectively
- Chicago Pneumatic topped the ranking on product availability. The company had a good brand image amongst the trade community, which helped it get a #2 rank for its after-sales service.
- Ingersoll Rand was ranked #1 on product warranty
According to Varsha Chitale, Research Director at ValueNotes Strategic Intelligence, “Among the interesting findings in ValueNotes BrandMeter was the variance in rankings across end-user industries, signifying the focus of certain manufacturers on specific types of customers.” The report has been designed to provide actionable inputs to compressor manufacturers, she added.
Companies with big budgets aren’t prepared to compromise on quality, and are hence not as price sensitive. The price of the product is a critical determinant for companies with low project budgets. To quote from an interview with the trade, “End-user companies did not want to compromise on quality. However, after OEMs meet their requirement of air output, energy efficiency and after-sales services, the ultimate deciding factor is always the price.”
About the survey
ValueNotes BrandMeter is a B2B customer & trade perception product. This survey for industrial compressors is based on interviews with over 300 end-users, distributors, dealers and EPC consultants across India. End-user industries included automobile, cement, chemical, food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, power, steel and textiles.
Compressor brands were rated for an overall perception, and specifically for each type of compressor – reciprocating and screw compressors. OEMs were ranked across 10 purchasing criteria viz. product quality, quality of air output, energy efficiency, after-sales service, compressor life, product availability, brand image, value for money, design & customization, and product warranty.
The report provides insights to OEMs on how customers and trade partners perceive their products against competition. It also highlights product- and brand-wise buying preferences across regions and end-user industries in India.
More information about the ValueNotes BrandMeter survey is available here.