May 2012: ValueNotes and Mithi Software Technologies collaborated on this report, which compiles the opinions of IT decision-makers across industries in India, on open source software (OSS) and IT collaboration technology. The report covers the present position of OSS and IT collaboration technology in businesses, as well as trends that can be expected in the future.
Some of the key findings of the report include –
- More than 75% of the organisations surveyed rate collaboration applications more or equally important as other traditional business applications.
- The priority in India today is mobile access, with 44% of the organisations planning to expand their mobile collaboration applications immediately.
- A majority of them identified Android as a desirable platform for their collaboration needs, compared to BlackBerry and iPhone
- 22% of the organisations use OSS for their growing IT requirements; huge opportunity for OSS as it assures information security.
– To download a complimentary copy of the report, please follow this link