The newspaper and magazine segments are the largest contributors in terms of revenues to the global publishing industry – contributing close to 52% of global publishing revenues. The newspaper and magazine publishers have already lost considerable revenues on account of dip in ad revenues. This is directly attributable to the global economic slowdown, which has led to decrease in consumer and corporate spending.
The past few months have been turbulent for both magazine and newspaper publishers. Considering the revenue pressures, is it prudent to assume increase in outsourcing? Will outsourcing be the answer? An insight into buyer sentiment will help us answer a few questions like:
- What are the challenges faced by the industry and how has the industry changed in terms of perceived challenges?
- What are the satisfaction levels with outsourced/offshored services?
- What are the areas that still need improvement?
- What is the buyer proclivity to outsource? Will smaller companies outsource more? The following chapters delve deeper into all these aspects.
- How has the industry shaped up in terms of functional areas outsourced? For example, is there more demand for content (implying higher value services) or production (low value high volume services)?
We broke down the 237 responses as per segments to generate this report. We further cross tabbed the education segment responses on the following:
- Profile of the respondent
- Size of company and
This break-down provided us with granularity on various aspects such as challenges faced, satisfaction levels, sourcing levels, cost savings, sourcing expectations, etc. This has helped us develop a comprehensive understanding of outsourcing sentiments within the segment.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
To download a complimentary copy of the Report, please follow this link