India’s first-ever investor and advisor focused sentiment indicators
Morgan Asset Management India, in association with ValueNotes launch India’s first Investment Confidence Index (ICI). The Index, which will be published on a quarterly basis, captures the confidence of retail investors, corporate investors and financial advisors on the Indian economic and investment environment.
The findings of the survey show that the Indian financial community currently holds a cautiously optimistic view towards their local market. The recent election results have influenced investment confidence favourably, as investors and advisors alike have voted for a government mandated with a strong majority as the single most positive signal for the Indian economy today.
Key findings include –
- 48% of retail investors expect their income will increase and they will make additional investments over the next six months
- Both investors and advisors expect the Sensex to reach 16,000 – 17,000 levels in December 2009
- 70% of corporates expect improvement in profits and employment opportunities
- Among cities – Retail and IFA confidence in Chennai is the highest; while retail confidence in Hyderabad is the lowest, and IFA confidence is the lowest in Kolkata
– To download a complimentary copy of the presentation, please follow this link
To read about the findings of the other waves of the Investment Confidence Index, follow the links below: