A fund management firm had invested in online businesses across a selection of sunrise sectors, such as online classifieds, recruitment, real estate… They required a deeper understanding of these sectors to help them decide whether or not they should stay invested in these businesses
- What were the key growth drivers and trends?
- Who were the key players? How different were their business models? And which of them were likely to sustain in the future?
- Nearly 100 interviews (in each sector under focus) were conducted across tier I & II cities in India with customers, industry experts, key market players and their present & ex-employees
We provided insights into various aspects of the businesses
- the growth opportunities in each sector
- business models and competitive positioning of the key players
- buying behaviour & future spends of customers
- future trends & the major disruptions in each business sector
- the impact of mobiles on the online market
Our research helped establish whether the target companies were likely to remain market leaders in their respective sectors in the future