A manufacturer of HVAC systems wanted to assess the growth opportunity of HVAC systems in the petrochemical and oil & gas pipeline sectors in the US. The focus was to establish value and volume of HVAC units installed in offshore refineries, petrochem plants, and pressure & measure stations.
The study relied primarily on secondary research. While there was substantial information available on the HVAC industry, there was limited data on its usage in offshore petrochemical plants.
- To arrive at the market size, we established the capex and future investments on HVAC in petrochemical plants by scanning annual reports and investor presentations of the major players
- We reached out to industry experts (HVAC design & construction companies, senior HVAC engineers)
– These conversations helped us arrive at a thumb rule to estimate new / replacement demand of HVAC units for different applications in petrochem plants
Our research provided the client with valuable insights into the
- Current and future (2018-2025) market size of HVAC systems in offshore petrochemical plants and in the oil & gas pipeline space
- Top HVAC design & construction companies dealing in installing these systems
- Economic trends, regulatory changes and latest developments related to the sectors