A leading building automation solutions provider wanted to gather competitive intelligence on its top-6 competitors in India to understand their
- sales and marketing organisation structure
- sales functions and revenues
- products and services
- intelligence on their customers (top verticals – commercial, industrial, institutional, office space, transportation)
- company strategy
- competitor perception
- Exhaustive interviews with current & ex-employees of competitors, industry experts and channel partners helped establish the strategies and organisation structure of the top-6 players in the building solutions sector in the country
- In-depth secondary research – ROC filings, annual reports, competitors’ websites, business journals – provided insights into competitors’ M&A activities, customer intelligence, solutions provided by them, etc.
Social media websites – like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter – were mined to establish the sales & marketing efforts and organisation structures
Based on our intelligence on the top-6 competitors, the client was able to devise an appropriate strategy that helped them win more projects. Our research also enabled them to focus on the upcoming building solutions that had a huge potential in the future.