Also view our infographic here
Geographical Focus – IndiaSurface storage in cold chain industry to reach 95 million metric tonnes (MT) by 2017
ValueNotes presents a research report on the cold chain industry in India. This industry report covers intelligence on the market size, growth, industry trends, industry attractiveness, and Porter’s analysis. The report covers fiscal years 2013 through 2017.
India is the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables (about 200million metric tonnes) but it has a very limited integrated cold-chain infrastructure, with only ~5,400 stand-alone cold storages having a total capacity of ~23.6million metric tonnes .
- The cold chain industry in India is currently valued at INR 245bn (~USD 4billion) in FY 2013 and has been growing at ~18% for the last three years. ValueNotes estimates that the industry will be worth approximately INR 520bn (~USD 10billion) by FY 2017, growing at CAGR of ~20%
- Surface storage warehousing in India has a capacity of around 23.6million metric tonnes as of 2010, and private sector cold storages in the country accounts for a capacity of 22.24million metric tonnes; cooperative sector for 1.88million metric tonnes; while the public sector accounts for 0.47million metric tonnes
- The new initiatives announced during the Union Budget – modernization of existing facilities, new ventures via private & government partnerships, etc. – will boost the integrated cold chain industry in India
- Change in lifestyle and demand for processed or packaged food is creating the need for cold storage solutions across India
The report includes profiles of the top 5 players with a brief overview about their service offerings, key financial ratios, expansion strategies, etc.
|Please get in touch with us on email@example.com
– to learn more about this report;
– to receive a complimentary copy of the executive summary;
– or if you would like to buy the report in a currency other than USD